Friday, September 28, 2007

Well...




I Love You Lizzy!





For anyone who may not have heard yet we had a difficult day today. Our year old Maine Coon kitten, Lizzy had been having issues the past week or so, lethargic, not eating much and generally not being her usual rambunctious and playful self. Taking her to the vet this morning we found that she had Feline Lukemia, which, sadly, is untreatable. Rather than have her continue to waste away over the next few days or weeks the decision was made to put her to sleep.

So, in memory of her here are a few pictures. We will miss the games of fetch with the Christmas bows. The frustration when we find another of Kellie's shirts with the strings chewed off. The nose-to-nose stare when she wanted to be fed at 6 in the morning. Digging her out of whatever new spot she had found to hide in the baby's room. But most of all, we will miss her. Goodbye Lizzy, we loved you and you will always own a place in our hearts.
I personally(Kellie) am having a very difficult time with this because I grew extremely close to Lizzy.She was the first one I opened my eyes too every morning.She was my cuddle buddy during the night either right beside me or up on my pillow.I remember bringing her home last christmas when she was so so tiny and about 4 lbs if that.Its so hard to loose a loved one and many times your pets are harder to loose then a member of your own family.I loved you so much sweetheart and because of you I will always go maine coon.You have left a permenant place in my heart that will not be forgotten.






1 comment:

Stacey Moore said...

It's a beautiful tribute - and it made me cry. She was definitely one amazing little (well, big) girl. :)